AmTrust Financial Services (AFS) Accounting team is currently recruiting for a Manager position in Jersey City, New Jersey. The AFS Manager is responsible for accounting activities for a reporting segment, including but not limited to: detailed maintenance of accounting records and related controls, assisting in review of intercompany journals and reconciliation, accruals, account analysis and reconciliations, and ensuring that reported results comply with generally accepted accounting principles (“GAAP”).
• Create and document procedures for recurring company activities and ensure adherence to those procedures
• Perform routine activities including recording journal entries, account reconciliations, financial package preparation, and other month and quarter-end close activities
• Ensure that all other monthly and quarterly journal entries are accurately recorded, reviewed and properly documented
• Ensure that all monthly and quarterly account reconciliations are completed and any issues resolved in a timely manner
• Prepare and maintain the appropriate level of documentation for all controls
• Provide management with analysis or ad hoc schedules, as necessary
• Respond to external auditor requests
• Be a key member of the accounting team by assisting with other responsibilities, including participation in special projects, such as system implementation, internal controls, and ad hoc analyses
What We Offer
AmTrust Financial Services offers a competitive compensation package and excellent career advancement opportunities. Our benefits include Medical & Dental Plans, Life Insurance, including eligible spouses & children, Health Care Flexible Spending, Dependent Care, 401k Savings Plans, Paid Time Off.
AmTrust strives to create a diverse and inclusive culture where thoughts and ideas of all employees are appreciated and respected. This concept encompasses but is not limited to human differences with regard to race, ethnicity, gender, sexual orientation, culture, religion or disabilities.
AmTrust values excellence and recognizes that by embracing the diverse backgrounds, skills, and perspectives of its workforce, it will sustain a competitive advantage and remain an employer of choice. Diversity is a business imperative, enabling us to attract, retain and develop the best talent available. We see diversity as more than just policies and practices. It is an integral part of who we are as a company, how we operate and how we see our future.