Responsible for automation in the infrastructure operations area with focus on reducing repeatable tasks to reduce operational cost and improve consistency.
• Implement automation practices in infrastructure operations area
• Help develop team members in automation area
• Identify and automate tasks based on trends and incoming work
• Create and utilize automations for initializing and provisioning systems and facilitate larger IT department orchestrations
• Systems alerts automatic remediation and integration with ticketing system
• Utilize tools like PowerShell, SCOM, SCCM, Ansible, Terraform to drive consistency of configured systems.
• Create and maintain technical documentation and utilize version control systems, such as Git
• Improve customer satisfaction through effective automation
• Track success of automation and labor reduction
Skills and Key Competencies:
• Communication skills
• Organization skills
• Process and workflow documentation
• Critical thinking and problem-solving skills
• Team work
• Stress tolerance
Requirements and Qualifications:
• Extensive understanding of web platforms, APIs, and the ability to review implementations and codebases
• Extensive understanding of Windows environments including Windows Server, Active Directory, Exchange
• Experience with scripting languages (e.g. Bash, Python, Powershell), and automation tools (e.g. Ansible, Terraform).
• Extensive experience working within a distributed Git workflow
• SCRUM knowledge is a plus
Education and Experience
• A degree in Information Technology / Computer Science or related field or equivalent experience
• 5+ years of professional relevant experience
• Experience with Continuous Integration/Deployment processes and technologies
• Experience with container technologies, such as Docker
• Previous experience with cloud automation in AWS, Azure, O365
What We Offer:
AmTrust Financial Services offers a great work environment, competitive compensation package and excellent career advancement opportunities. Our benefits include: Medical and Dental Plans, Life Insurance, Health Care Flexible Spending, Dependent Care, 401k Savings Plans, and Paid Time Off.
AmTrust Financial Services is committed to a policy of Equal Employment Opportunity.