- Good analytical abilities to review, exercise judgment and evaluate claims in order to make sound decisions.
- Good understanding of liability and negligence, multijurisdictional exposure preferred.
- Excellent negotiation skills
- Ability to work independently with self-initiative.
- Excellent computer skills including are needed due to multiple claim systems and automated recovery tools such as ISO, Arbitration Forums, etc.
- Sound command of the English language--its grammar, syntax and style, including an understanding of the conventions of punctuation and capitalization.
- Excellent spelling ability and proofreading skills.
- Effective communication skills; ability to obtain information from others and deliver information to others orally and in written form.
- Organization skills; Business math Skills; Business telephone skills.
- Ability to carry out detailed written or verbal instructions; ability to respond to requests effectively and efficiently.
- Ability to work effectively with supervision and direction and exhibit good common sense.
- Ability to perform 80 percent sedentary work, exerting up to 10 pounds of force occasionally and negligible force frequently or constantly to move objects, including the human body. May be asked to exert up to 20 pounds of force periodically as needs arise.
- College degree is not a prerequisite for this position; however, incumbents should possess such skills and knowledge as are normally gained in the successful completion of a 4-year college program.
- Insurance coursework (I.e. IIA, CPCU,SCLA,AEI), is beneficial.
- Knowledge of claims handling and state laws and insurance regulations.
- Minimum of five years' prior adjusting experience in an insurance-related claims field is required.
- Exceeds expectations in current position.
- Valid adjusters’ license(s) in appropriate states or ability to obtain such.
What We Offer:
AmTrust Financial Services offers a great work environment, competitive compensation package and excellent career advancement opportunities. Our benefits include: Medical and Dental Plans, Life Insurance, Health Care Flexible Spending, Dependent Care, 401k Savings Plans, and Paid Time Off. Some work from home/flexible schedule.
AmTrust Financial Services is committed to a policy of Equal Employment Opportunity