Data Analysts work intensely with the data work stream through all phases of an engagement, including conceptual design, detailed design, implementation, testing and production deployment.
In the dynamic role you will work with multiple departments throughout the company, such as finance, accounting, underwriting, and compliance, as well as with external partners, such as managing general agencies, statistical bureaus, and various state departments of insurance.
The Data Analyst II will be responsible for defining, assembling and presenting all technical data deliverables and work products. The Data Analyst will perform data cleaning, manipulation and exploratory analyses. Data analysts communicate data insights to and facilitate decision-making with internal stakeholders. Additionally, the data analysts collaborate with data engineers to identify and correct data issues.
* Bachelor's degree in Finance, Mathematics, Actuarial
* 3+ years business experience as an analyst
* Thorough understanding of business processes and systems knowledge
* Proven ability to develop data models using statistical and mathematical methods
* Proven aptitude for learning and using data analysis reporting tools
* Intermediate skills in Excel with knowledge of spreadsheet functionality including v-look-up, pivot tables, charts, graphing and macros
* Intermediate computer skills including MS Word, PowerPoint, and database experience including the ability to create PowerPoint graphs, tables and information reports in slide format
* Solid communication skills, both verbal and written
* Intermediate SQL programming skills
* Python, R and VBA (Optional)
* Prior experience in Accounting and/or Finance