Amtrust Financial Services, a fast growing commercial insurance company, has an immediate need for an in-house Staff Attorney – General Liability in the Jersey City, New Jersey office. This position partners with our insureds and claims professionals to deliver the best possible result in pending personal injury and property damage claims against our insureds and the company.
Independently handle a caseload of about 80 files from inception to trial
- Analyze complex legal and factual issues, conduct extensive, legal research, independently develop and present defense strategies on behalf of the Insured/Carrier.
- Prepare pleadings, written discovery, motions and briefs in support of defense strategies.
- Provide effective and timely communications, information, legal advice and other services to clients and claims professionals on legal and factual issues.
- Position requires the use of independent judgment, research, litigation and analytical skills.
- Work closely with the Claim department.
- Responsible for the prompt, efficient and effective disposition of assigned cases.
- Attend continuing legal education seminars in order to maintain high level of professional expertise.
New York licensed attorney.
Trial experience. Excellent verbal and writing skills.
5 years litigation experience.
What We Offer
AmTrust Financial Services offers a competitive compensation package and excellent career advancement opportunities. Our benefits include: Medical & Dental Plans, Life Insurance, including eligible spouses & children, Health Care Flexible Spending, Dependent Care, 401k Savings Plans, Paid Time Off.