• Supervises activities within the Subrogation Department. This encompasses supervision of the recovery of money paid on insurance claims involving workers compensation, property and/or casualty claims. This position involves the direct handling of tasks or claims in addition to supervision of 4-7 staff.
• Oversees the handling of all aspects of the subrogation portion of claims assigned to the unit including communication, documentation, litigation management, evaluation, and lien resolution.
• Ensures all subrogation claims conform to quality, production standards and specifications.
• Ensures subrogation efforts are consistent with applicable policies, procedures and department guidelines.
• Supervises maintenance of all claim records.
• Reviews issues and complaints that subrogation adjusters are unable to resolve and prepares formal response to consumer complaints.
• Analyzes and approves lien resolution above the subrogation adjuster’s authority and prepares claim for review of Recovery Claims Manager when lien resolution is above the supervisor’s personal authority.
• Completes regular quality audits of staff’s work, records results and counsels staff to bring work to or above standards.
• Prepares regular periodic reports and monitors system reports to ensure adherence to corporate and regulatory standards.
• Completes special projects as assigned.
• Assures that all customers receive quality service.
• Other tasks as assigned by Recovery Claims Manager, V.P. of Claim Shared Services or other AmTrust Senior Claims Management.
• Thorough understanding of laws, principles of coverage, liability and insurance industry in general.
• Analytical and human relations skills are critical.
• Leadership skills; ability to plan, organize, delegate and develop corporate human resources.
• Effective communication skills; ability to obtain information from others and deliver information to others orally and in written form.
• Ability to carry out detailed written and verbal instructions.
• Ability to work with little supervision and direction.
• Assist with Subrogation Reporting and Data Management.
• Sound command of the English language and ability to operate business technology.
• College degree is preferred.
• Valid adjuster’s license in appropriate jurisdictions or ability to obtain such, if required by subordinate position duties.
• 8 years experience in Property and Casualty Claims or Workers’ Compensation Claims.
• Specific prior experience in a dedicated subrogation unit is required.
• CSRP (Certified Subrogation Recovery Professional) designation.
Other Competencies or Skills:
• Experience with Intercompany Arbitration is necessary.
Key Performance Indicators:
• Establishes and executes controls to assure that the quality of the work meets or exceeds standards.
• Reviews and analyzes processes, procedures and workflows to identify opportunities for process improvement and efficiency.
• May recruit, hire and recommend or initiate promotions, transfers and disciplinary action.
• Manages personnel administration including employee evaluations and salary administration.
• Participate in the specialized training and handling of complex subrogation matters and projects requiring advanced subrogation knowledge and experience.
• Manages the development and training of subordinates, including monitoring and relaying information to the staff regarding changes in coverage and laws.
AmTrust Financial Services offers a great work environment, competitive compensation package and excellent career advancement opportunities. Our benefits include: Medical and Dental Plans, Life Insurance, Health Care Flexible Spending, Dependent Care, 401k Savings Plans, and Paid Time Off.
AmTrust Financial Services is committed to a policy of Equal Employment Opportunity.