AmTrust is searching for an experienced and knowledgeable Underwriting Manager for Surety to manage and lead a group of underwriters. Leads and trains the underwriters to ensure integrity of underwriting activities and processes. In addition, this position provides credit decisions and recommendations for complex cases.
• Provide support and coaching to other underwriters and provide team leadership
• Determine risk acceptability in accordance with company guidelines and standards
• Manage the selection and denial of new and/or renewal business including management of pricing targets, renewal retention targets and profitability targets
• Monitor underwriting decisions through regular audits and address issues as appropriate individually or through group training
• Develop, maintain and collaborate with Line of Business representatives on referrals and other business related needs
• Focus on producer relations including portfolio management by developing and implementing action plans as deemed appropriate
• Manage and monitor all stages of underwriting execution
• Create and distribute management reports detailing various functions and status on a monthly basis
• Bachelor's degree required
• 7+ years of experience in the field
• Expert knowledge of insurance
• Demonstrated effective management and leadership skills
• Excellent analytical and risk assessment ability
What We Offer:
AmTrust Financial Services offers a great work environment, competitive compensation package and excellent career advancement opportunities. Our benefits include: Medical and Dental Plans, Life Insurance, Health Care Flexible Spending, Dependent Care, 401k Savings Plans, and Paid Time Off.
AmTrust Financial Services is committed to a policy of Equal Employment Opportunity.