- Working knowledge of the State Disability Benefit Law.
- Knowledge of medical terminology, diagnosis and ICD-10 codes.
- Minimum of two years experience in Disability Claims.
- Typing and mathematical skills.
- Good verbal and written communication skills.
- Good customer service skills.
- Completes tasks within allotted time frame.
- Ability to work independently without close supervision.
- Team player.
- NJ TDB (Temporary Disability Benefit)
- NY DBL (Disability Benefits Law)
- NY PFL (Paid Family Leave)
- Answer incoming calls.
- Examine initial claims (DB-450) for payment or rejection.
- Verify eligibility.
- Accept liability.
- Establish claim estimate.
- Call employer, doctor and/or claimant if needed for additional information.
- Determine payment type final, auto pay or non-auto pay.
- Review incoming mail via image system for subsequent payments or rejection.
- Determine if claimant should be set-up for an IME once the claim goes beyond initial estimate. Consult with management if needed.
- Review all- correspondence from the Worker’s Comp Board and determines if benefits should be withheld or paid.
- Review all Notices of Hearing and prepare the file for the hearing rep.
- Review all Notices of Decision and act accordingly (comply or appeal).
- Answer correspondence from employers.
- Create and format letters.
- Make follow-up routine phone calls.
- Enter in checks and rejections.
- Review auto pay daily payment report.
- Review pay diary daily reminders.
- Review and process all daily reminders.
- Performs miscellaneous duties as necessary.
- Detailed work
- Problem solving
- Verbal communication
- Written communication
- Client contact
- Multiple concurrent tasks
- Constant interruptions
- Sitting or Standing
- Word processor
- Fax machine
What We Offer:
AmTrust Financial Services offers a great work environment, competitive compensation package and excellent career advancement opportunities. Our benefits include: Medical and Dental Plans, Life Insurance, Health Care Flexible Spending, Dependent Care, 401k Savings Plans, and Paid Time Off.
AmTrust Financial Services is committed to a policy of Equal Employment Opportunity.