Provides administrative and secretarial support to the President and Office Manager, and handles confidential correspondence and matters requiring a high degree of discretion and initiative. This position is also responsible for making travel arrangements for the management staff in various departments.
• Takes and transcribes dictation.
• Prepares and proofreads correspondence, memos, reports and other documents.
• Schedules and coordinates meetings and travel arrangements.
• Answers the phone, provides information to inquiries, receives information on matters relating to the department, and takes appropriate actions as necessary.
• Sorts and distributes mail.
• Creates and maintains diary files and related documents, including database and spreadsheet files.
• Maintains calendars, schedules meetings as necessary, and ensures that complete and accurate information is available on all matters.
• Establishes, organizes and maintains a variety of files and records, including branch office information; maintains control of files or matters in progress; and follows up to ensure that actions are completed in a timely manner.
• Responds to building maintenance inquiries and notifies the property management office when appropriate.
• Provides back-up support to the Office Manager when needed.
• Assists with planning and/or coordinating company and group events.
• Completes special projects as directed.
• Maintains regular attendance and is punctual.
• Performs other duties and responsibilities as assigned or delegated by the President, Chairman and Office Manager.
High school diploma or general education degree (GED), and a minimum of 4-5 years of demonstrated administrative and secretarial experience are required.