- The business data analyst will support our accounting teams as a liaison between the business department and information technology. Specialized knowledge in statutory and GAAP accounting concepts is preferred.
- Works as a liaison to finance team to elicit, analyze, communicate, validate and document requirements for changes to data requirements and reporting needs related to financial data including policy, claim and actuarial data.
- Business Data Analysts must able to clearly document financial accounting, Actuarial and Compliance reporting and data requirements and produce project artifacts that are understandable to a technologist with little or no accounting knowledge. . Transforms the business requirements and solution into Business Requirements Document (BRD), User Story/ies and Software Change Request Documents.
- Ensures issues are identified, tracked, reported on and resolved in a timely manner.
- Defines, prioritizes, communicates, and fosters shared understanding of project objectives and scope
- Performs and communicates results of stakeholder analysis
- Plans and adapts approach to business analysis activities and artifacts
- Collaborates with stakeholders to elicit, prioritize, validate, and document testable, developer-ready business requirements
- Collaborates with technical team members to ensure the solution design satisfies project objectives and business requirements
- Assists the business in determining if and how new systems or system enhancements may improve business processes and capabilities
- Serves as a critical resource and liaison between subject matter experts and technologists throughout the project lifecycle
- Collaborates with business subject matter experts and technologists throughout the project lifecycle
- Identifies and communicates risks and issues as well as possible solutions to manager and project management team.
- Participates in peer reviews of business data analysis artifacts.
- Minimum of five (5) years’ experience as a Data Analyst.
- Worked as Data Analyst in at least two prior system conversions with one in either general ledger other accounting system.
- Experience in preparing data mapping documents to map source data to the target system or database.
- Expert level expertise in writing SQL code for querying and analyzing data
- Expert level expertise in one or more data profiling tools to profile source data
- Good understanding or property and casualty insurance or finance.
- Ability to prepare high quality documentation that can be shared with business leaders
- Proficient written and verbal communication skills and active listening skills
- Able to think creatively and have flexibility
- Able to act as a change agent to respectfully challenge the norm
- Bachelor's Degree required from college or university
- Possess at basic understanding of SOX and financial controls
- Strong project management background with experience with Agile methodology.
- Experience with the Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) and experience in an approach such as waterfall, Agile, or Scrum
- Proficient in organization and time management skills
- Able to work on multiple projects of moderate complexity simultaneously
- Able to adjust quickly to changing priorities.
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office, particularly in Outlook, Word, Excel, Project and Visio
- Proficient in the use of web-based document repository applications (e.g., Microsoft SharePoint)
- Able to work with little to no supervision.
What We Offer
AmTrust Financial Services offers a competitive compensation package and excellent career advancement opportunities. Our benefits include: Medical & Dental Plans, Life Insurance, Health Care Flexible Spending, Dependent Care, 401k Savings Plans, Paid Vacation and Holidays.