- The business analyst supports our accounting teams as a liaison between the business department and information technology. Specialized knowledge in statutory andGAAP accounting concepts.
- Works as a liaison to finance team to elicit, analyze, communicate, validate and document requirements for changes to financial processes, policies and information systems.
- Business Analysts must able to clearly document financial accounting, Actuarial and Compliance processes and requirements and produce project artifacts that are understandable to a technologist with little or no accounting knowledge. Transforms the business requirements and solution into Business Requirements Document (BRD), User Story/ies and Software Change Request Documents.
- Ensures issues are identified, tracked, reported on and resolved in a timely manner.
- Defines, prioritizes, communicates, and fosters shared understanding of project objectives and scope
- Performs and communicates results of stakeholder analysis
- Plans and adapts approach to business analysis activities and artifacts
- Collaborates with stakeholders to elicit, prioritize, validate, and document testable, developer-ready business requirements
- Prepares and leads business requirement reviews and hand-off to technical development team members to ensure thorough understanding of business needs.
- Assists business in determining if, and how, new systems or system enhancements may improve business processes and capabilities
- Serves as a critical resource and liaison between subject matter experts and technologists throughout the project lifecycle
- Collaborates with business subject matter experts and technologists throughout the project lifecycle
- Identifies and communicates risks and issues as well as possible solutions to manager and project management team.
- Participates in peer review of business analysis artifacts.
- Minimum of five (5) years’ experience as a Business Analyst. Prefer a minimum of two (2) of those years while at a property & casualty insurance company.
- Worked as Business Analyst in at least two prior system conversions or minimum of one (1) system conversation and one (1) system upgrade or software development project. At least one of which is either general ledger other accounting system.
- Intermediate level expertise in writing SQL code for querying and analyzing data
- Excellent understanding or property and casualty insurance.
- Ability to prepare high quality documentation that can be shared with business leaders for signoff
- Proficient written and verbal communication skills and active listening skills
- Able to think creatively and have flexibility
- Able to act as a change agent to respectfully challenge the norm
- Bachelor's Degree required from college or university
- Possess at basic understanding of SOX and financial controls
- Strong project management background with experience with Agile methodology.
- Experience with the Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) and experience in an approach such as waterfall, Agile, or Scrum
- Proficient in organization and time management skills
- Able to work on multiple projects of moderate complexity simultaneously
- Able to adjust quickly to changing priorities.
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office, particularly in Outlook, Word, Excel, Project and Visio
- Proficient in the use of web-based document repository applications (e.g., Microsoft SharePoint)
- Practice in providing work for agile principles a plus.
- Able to work with little to no supervision.
What We Offer
AmTrust Financial Services offers a competitive compensation package and excellent career advancement opportunities. Our benefits include: Medical & Dental Plans, Life Insurance, Health Care Flexible Spending, Dependent Care, 401k Savings Plans, Paid Vacation and Holidays.