Amtrust Financial Services, a fast growing commercial insurance company, has a need for in-house Staff Attorney(s) - Workers' Compensation in South Florida.
Independently represent the Employer/Carrier before the assigned Judge of Compensation Claims and present witnesses and evidence at administrative hearings on litigated workers’ compensation claims.
- Analyze complex legal and factual issues, conduct extensive, well-reasoned legal research, independently develop and present defense strategies on behalf of the Employer/Carrier.
- Prepare pleadings, written discovery, motions and briefs in support of defense strategies.
- Provide effective and timely communications, information, legal advice and other services to clients and claims professionals on legal and factual issues.
- Position requires the use of independent judgment, research, litigation and analytical skills.
- Assist in developing training materials for the WC claim department.
- Work with the WC claim department and Law Department on special projects related to the practice of workers' compensation.
- Communicate with the Office of the Judges of Compensation Claims, witnesses, opposing counsel and clients in a manner consistent with established office procedures.
- Responsible for the prompt, efficient and effective disposition of assigned cases.
- Attend continuing legal education seminars in order to maintain high level of professional expertise.
Florida Bar licensed attorney.
-Knowledge of Florida’s W/C statutes and its application.
-3-5 years' workers’ compensation litigation experience
What We Offer
AmTrust Financial Services offers a competitive compensation package and excellent career advancement opportunities. Our benefits include Medical & Dental Plans, Life Insurance, including eligible spouses & children, Health Care Flexible Spending, Dependent Care, 401k Savings Plans, Paid Time Off