AmTrust Financial Services, Inc., is a New York City-based multinational property and casualty insurance company. Operating through its subsidiaries, its operations are divided into three segments: Small Commercial Business insurance, Specialty Risk and Extended Warranty insurance, and Specialty Middle-Market Property and Casualty insurance.
Manages activities and staff who work in the national special investigation unit. This encompasses supervision of fraud investigations for claims, underwriting and premium collection. This position directly supervises AmTrust direct staff and our dedicated SIU vendor.
•Oversees the handling of all aspects of the fraud investigations assigned to the unit.
• Ensures all SIU assignments conform to quality, production standards and specifications.
• Ensures SIU efforts are consistent with applicable policies, procedures, department guidelines as well as federal and state regulations in fraud investigations.
• Supervises maintenance of all claim records.
• Works with Corporate audit to ensure compliance.
• Reviews issues and complaints as to staff or vendor performance.
• Analyzes and approves restitution agreements associated with fraud convictions.
• Completes regular quality audits of staff’s work, records results and counsels staff to bring work to or above standards.
• Prepares regular periodic reports and monitors system reports to ensure adherence to corporate and regulatory standards.
• Completes special projects as assigned.
• Assures that all customers receive quality service.
• Other tasks as assigned by Shared Services Vice President or other AmTrust Senior Claims Management.
• Establishes and executes controls to assure that the quality of the work meets or exceeds standards.
• Reviews and analyzes processes, procedures and workflows to identify opportunities for process improvement and efficiency.
• May recruit, hire and recommend or initiate promotions, transfers and disciplinary action.
• Manages personnel administration including employee evaluations and salary administration.
• Participate in the specialized training and handling of complex SIU matters and projects requiring advanced SIU and insurance fraud knowledge and experience.
• Manages the development and training of subordinates, including monitoring and relaying information to the staff regarding changes in procedures and laws.
Degree of Supervision Required