AmTrust is searching for an experienced and knowledgeable Underwriting Manager to manage and lead a group of underwriters. Leads and trains the underwriters to ensure integrity of underwriting activities and processes. In addition, this position provides credit decisions and recommendations for complex cases.
• Reviews bond submissions from large producers involving the complex or large contract and subdivision surety accounts. Reviews and recommends approval or denial for bonds beyond assigned underwriting authority.
• Analyzes, evaluates and reviews new business with superiors as necessary or as required.
• Underwrites assigned major accounts, programs and individual bond requests within higher level of authority as designated by company guidelines.
• Performs complete analysis of financial statements, credit references, prior account history, work in process schedules, and related surety data. Prepares underwriting financial data worksheets for reporting contract and subdivision bonds. Updates and maintains underwriting bond files, including work-in-progress, credit and reference information.
• Works with producers and customers to handle difficult, complex accounts and resolve issues beyond the authority of the branch underwriting staff.
• Submits business to Home Office for approval over his/her underwriting authority as well as the branch authority level.
• Travels within a designated territory with the responsibility of developing new sources of bond business, territorial analysis, and servicing existing accounts.
• Promotes business development through marketing calls on agents, clients, and attendance at industry functions. Promotes company programs and image as appropriate including contact with various industry representatives, regulators, and governmental officials.
• Identifies potential new agents and producers, promotes company to this group. Recommends new agents and producers for company appointment.
• Trains underwriters and underwriting trainees regarding underwriting and procedural guidelines and requirements, and others as may be delegated.
• Backs up the Branch Manager on active accounts and fills in for other underwriters when they are out of the office.
• Performs other duties and responsibilities as assigned or delegated by the Branch Manager.
• Bachelor's degree required
• 7+ years of experience in the field
• Demonstrated effective management and leadership skills
• Excellent analytical and risk assessment ability
What We Offer
AmTrust Financial Services offers a competitive compensation package and excellent career advancement opportunities. Our benefits include: Medical & Dental Plans, Life Insurance, Health Care Flexible Spending, Dependent Care, 401k Savings Plans, Paid Vacation and Holidays.