The Reinsurance Processor accurately and timely processes all new set ups, changes, routine monthly activity and other requests for Reinsurance and Participation clients.
• Receive and QC required documents and requests received from Analyst
• Complete fields in template agreements/documents and submit for review and approval within designated time requirements; once approved, send to the client
• Maintain logs as required by management in order to track progress, activity, etc.
• Administer reinsurance and retro accounts in system: initial set up, changes and terminations within designated time requirements; coordinate with appropriate teams
• Provide various authorized individuals user access
• Input trust activity for accounts with banks not having data feeds
• Process other manual tasks as deemed necessary
• Perform various control checks (data feeds, system close, etc.) and other internal control (SOX) processes
• Coordinate with Accounting to process payments to/from reinsurers
• Coordinate with Accounting to process payments to retro recipients
• Manage outstanding receivables, payables and deficiencies
• Provide Accounting/Finance required information (i.e., Schedule F)
• Ad hoc requests, e.g., audit requests, special projects, etc.
• Associate’s degree
• Proficient in Microsoft Office
• Minimum 2 years’ experience in legal, finance or related field
• Detail oriented
• Good oral and written communication skills