Warranty Solutions offers finance and insurance aftermarket products and services. This group develops and administers Profit Participation Programs (PPP) within the Warranty Solutions business to support profitable product sales.
This team is also accountable for determining and supporting PPP accruals monthly while partnering with Finance and Accounting.
Job duties include monthly calculations and analysis as well as contractually scheduled payouts to customers.
- Extracting and manipulating data from M SQL Server by building complex queries linked across multiple tables and databases.
- Presenting data in a consumable and usable format for end users at all levels within the organization.
-Gathering end-user requirements around the reporting space.
-Building and deploying custom reporting solutions and ad-hoc analyses in support of operational and business users.
-Maintaining multiple relational databases used for historical reporting using significant VBA and SQL coding. These databases reside in MS Access with both Access and Adobe Acrobat used for custom report generation.
-Working with business partners to collect financial data, performing high-level analysis, testing for accuracy, identifying and resolving complex problems.
- Ensuring accurate, timely and appropriate allocations and payments are calculated, paid per contractual obligations which may be monthly, quarterly, semi-annually, or annually, and tracked appropriately for reporting.
- Responsible for identifying business requirements and translating business needs into moderately complex analyses and projects for a department or functional area.
- Identifies business requirements and analytical needs.
- Identifies and recommends potential data sources; compiles and mines data from multiple, cross-business sources.
-Conducting in-depth support, testing, and documentation of our Dealer Profit Participation system (EPEPE & RAPTR) in collaboration with business partners.
- Responds to requests for specific, customized reports and ad hoc analyses.
- Ensures adherence to data management regulations and policies and updates policies as needed.
3+ years reporting and analytical experience or a minimum of a Bachelor’s degree in programs such as applied mathematics, statistics, engineering, accounting, finance, economics or computer science.
- Expert/Super user level MS Access and Excel skills including VBA macros, embedded SQL
- Strong analytical skills.
- Research and problem solving skills.
- Highly organized and detail oriented, with the ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously and prioritize effectively.
- Ability to multi-task.
- Excellent and effective communication skills (both verbal and written).
- Ability to work independently.
- Deadline oriented.
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment.
- Must be flexible and able to handle multiple projects simultaneously.
- Ability to collaborate and influence others to help manage deadlines.
- Must provide excellent customer service at all points of customer contact.
- Ability to clearly present findings to management.
- Automotive Aftermarket Product exposure.
- Data modeling
- Insurance Industry (Property & Casualty) experience