AmTrust, a commercial insurance company, is seeking a Workers' Compensation Claims Supervisor to supervise activities within the Workers' Compensation claims department in Concord, CA. The Supervisor will over see a team of 4 to 6 Claims Examiners handing WC claims. This position may also handle claims in addition to supervision of staff. The Claims Supervisor reports to a WC Claims Manager.
• May oversee the handling of all aspects of the claims assigned to the unit including reserving, communication, documentation, evaluation, negotiation and settlement
• Ensures all claims eligible or ineligible for payment conform to quality, production standards, and specifications
• Ensures claim processing is consistent with applicable policies, procedures and department guidelines
• Analyzes and approves workers compensation claims • Completes regular quality audits of staffs work, records results and counsels staff to bring work to or above standards
• Prepares regular periodic reports and monitors system reports to ensure adherence to corporate and regulatory standards
• Establishes and executes controls to assure that the quality of the work meets or exceeds standards
• Reviews and analyzes processes, procedures, and workflows to identify opportunities for process improvement and efficiency
• Manages personnel administration including employee evaluations and salary administration
• Bachelor's degree preferred
• 10+ years’ experience in workers compensation insurance industry
• Valid adjusters license in appropriate jurisdictions or ability to obtain such
• Basic understanding of laws, principles of coverage, liability, and insurance industry in general, with specific emphasis on workers compensation
• Leadership skills: ability to plan, organize, delegate, and develop corporate human resources
What We Offer
AmTrust Financial Services offers a competitive compensation package and excellent career advancement opportunities. Our benefits include: Medical & Dental Plans, Life Insurance, Health Care Flexible Spending, Dependent Care, 401k Savings Plans, Paid Vacation and Holidays.