Amtrust Financial Services, a fast growing commercial insurance company, has an immediate need for a Workers Compensation Claims Adjuster. The adjuster is responsible for the prompt and efficient examination, investigation and settlement or declination of worker’s compensation insurance claims through effective research, negotiation and interaction with insures and claimants, ensuring that company resources are utilized in a cost effective manner in the process. This position will handle workers comp claims for the state of Florida. The adjuster reports to a WC Supervisor.
• Review, process and handle worker's compensation claims
• Oversee and direct a majority of litigated or potentially litigated claims, directing and controlling the work and expenses of investigative services or attorneys
• Assess coverage and review claims for purposes of investigations, action plans, evaluation, fraud and resolution potential
• Conduct a thorough analysis of the claim; continually assess exposure and evaluate for accurate reserves
• Complete quality investigations by gathering all pertinent information (recorded statements, review of police and medical reports, photographs and appraisals/estimates of damages, etc.)
• Determines if subrogation exists and takes steps necessary to initiate recovery efforts
• Maintains appropriate financial accountabilities (reserving) and controls loss adjustment expenses
• Fulfill state licensing agreements/requirements (if applicable) and apply knowledge of state laws and regulations pertaining to the insurance industry
What We Offer
AmTrust Financial Services offers a competitive compensation package and excellent career advancement opportunities. Our benefits include: Medical & Dental Plans, Life Insurance, including eligible spouses & children, Health Care Flexible Spending, Dependent Care, 401k Savings Plans, Paid Time Off.