The Claims Assistant is responsible for providing support to an assigned team of Claim Adjusters handling auto physical damage claims.
Responsibilities will include:
- Make payments as directed by Claim Adjuster.
- Assist the Claim Adjuster in the set-up of rentals and the payment of rental invoices
- Pay Copart invoices as required and directed. Assist with the processing of salvage and title paperwork for total loss vehicles.
- CCC - Autoverse- assist the Claims Adjusters in the set-up of appraisal assignments and the retrieval of completed appraisals as follows:
- Move documents to Image Right and index to claim file
- Put comment in claim file that you have indexed the documents.
- Send a task to the adjuster that the Appraisal is attached to file
- Obtain invoices from Appraisers if not attached in the completed assignment
- Complete the Salvage Transmittal form and then forward titles/POA’s to Copart.
- Send letters as requested
- File ISO/ NMVTIS
- Answer phone calls
- Complete stop pay request.
- Complete underwriting alerts.
- Fill out mailing document when mailing federal express or next day.
- Move salvage to copart by direction of adjuster
- Thorough knowledge of workers' compensation claims procedures and policies
- Ability to take direction and make decisions.
- Self organized and detail oriented.
- Ability to learn new procedures quickly and adapt to a changing environment.
- Professional telephone demeanor and good oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to work well under pressure and multi-task in a fast-paced environment.
- Basic understanding of business technology.
- Ability to work in a team environment.
- Ability to work occasional night/weekend as dictated by office needs
- High school diploma
- Some college preferred
- 3+ years of experience in a worker's compensation claims department or related experience
What We Offer
AmTrust Financial Services offers a competitive compensation package and excellent career advancement opportunities. Our benefits include: Medical & Dental Plans, Life Insurance, Health Care Flexible Spending, Dependent Care, 401k Savings Plans, Paid Vacation and Holidays.