Amtrust North America, a Fortune 500 company, is looking for multiple Property Claims Adjuster in our Dallas, TX office. We currently have a need for candidates with the following experience:
- Property Claims Adjuster with both commercial and personal lines experience
Claims Adjuster III
Under minimal supervision, is responsible for planning and executing the processing of assigned first party property claims that are of mid to high complexity and/or severe in nature from beginning to end.
• Make timely and appropriate contacts with interested parties, including, but not limited to the insured, claimant/attorney, witnesses and producers. Reviews and analyzes coverages that may or may not apply to the claim.
• Interpret various policy forms and establish applicable coverages, determine any exclusions which may apply and establish appropriate claims reserves.
• Direct outside vendors and experts retained to assist in the claim investigation, and closely control claims costs.
• Investigates claims exercising discretion and judgment in determining the meaning of facts, coverage, claim value, negotiating strategy, reserve levels, and other considerations in resolving a claim.
• Applies facts, as determined by contacts and investigation, to the law of a particular jurisdiction to properly evaluate exposure.
• Establishes indemnity and expense reserves as the claim transpires. Controls and manages claim related expenses.
• Develops and executes resolution plans, including the avoidance/minimization of litigation. Works with and actively monitors and manages defense counsel. Minimizes loss cost through identification of subrogation and prompt disposition.
• Communicates with agents, insureds, claimants, and company personnel, keeping them apprised of appropriate information. Discusses possible coverage issues with supervisor and drafts coverage positions as applicable.
• Proficient in the ability to review and validate Xactimate damage estimates. Uses photographs, scope notes and measurements to assist in the decision making process. Has the ability to work with contractors and restoration companies.
• May be required to assist in adjusting catastrophe claims, as needed, to satisfy customer needs.
• Seeks appropriate guidance and communicates pursuant to authority structure. Determines and fulfills reporting requirements to supervisor/manager, Home Office, SIU, client companies and reinsurers.
• Maintain professional and technical knowledge through continuing education programs.
What We Offer
AmTrust Financial Services offers a competitive compensation package and excellent career advancement opportunities. Our benefits include: Medical & Dental Plans, Life Insurance, Health Care Flexible Spending, Dependent Care, 401k Savings Plans, Paid Vacation and Holidays.