Multi-line office position with primary responsibilities of conducting Underwriting Desktop Virtual Loss Control Surveys utilizing internet and electronic tools. May provide research assistance to field Loss Control Representatives, or Large Account Policy Services for technically complex, large or high profile accounts with coverage in all product lines. May complete research and special projects, such as white papers, as assigned. All work completed is done in accordance with AmTrust North America corporate risk and loss control program(s) guidelines and procedures. This position reports to a Regional Manager, who reports to the Vice President of Loss Control. The position is based in Nashua, NH, exceptional inside candidates located in other AmTrust offices may be considered.
• Conduct Desktop Underwriting Loss Control Surveys to determine potential hazards and risk factors to be considered in underwriting/risk selection.
• Write technically detailed reports that provide a clear assessment of risk and clearly articulate recommendations. Provide analysis and risk solutions for insured risks.
• Manage assigned work, surveys and accounts/policyholders, ensure each one gets the appropriate level of risk management and service based on line of business, premium size, and size/scope of operations.
• Complete phone follow-up on recommendations, towards the goal of increasing compliance.
• Develop and maintain productive “ambassador-type” relationships with both internal and external business partners.
• Analyze loss trends, recognize opportunities to provide risk control products and/or services which can help reduce losses. Explain how recommendations or products can help minimize losses.
• Conduct research on class of business, operations, unique or unidentified exposures, or any other technical subject requiring similar analysis for region(s) or product lines assigned.
• Provide assistance to underwriters and internal loss control field staff, as directed by direct Manager or Home Office Loss Control (HOLC).
• Develop and maintain current knowledge of regulatory environment and emerging safety issues to be able to explain how the issues impact risk, and how to be pro-active in preventing losses. Identify areas where a risk/policyholder, and provide examples why they need to follow the recommendations issued by Loss Control.
• May provide Large Account Policy Coordination or Services for large, complex, high profile risks,
• Provides technical advice and support for internal business partners (underwriting, claims, etc.), and external partners (policyholder/risk, agent, broker, etc.).
• Maintain timely, relevant communications with HOLC as needed/required.
Position Requirements: The ideal candidate will meet the following requirements:
• Loss Control Accreditations, studies or work experience in Loss Control are desirable.
• College degree (4 year degree or higher) preferably in the Safety & Health field of studies; may be offset by work experience in Insurance Industry or Loss Control.
• Have 5+ years experience in Insurance Industry, or equivalent, in lieu of above.
• Knowledge of Construction, Occupancy, Protection, Exposures and Hazards as relates to Property, Liability, Vehicle and Workers Compensation risk management.
• Math skills to calculate building square footage, and Insurance To Value.
• Will work extensively on computer and must be able to work in a detailed server based environment. Advanced knowledge of File Explorer, Microsoft Word and Outlook, Internet searches (Google, Google Maps, Bing Maps, Mapquest, OSHA, FMCSA DOT SMS, etc.)
• Interest and ability to work with Excel, PowerPoint, Skype or Lync, SharePoint, OneNote, Google Earth, ISO E&S, ReferenceConnect, Level3 Communications, On-Line GIS Mapping, and AmTrust Systems.
• Ability to conduct Phone and Video Conferencing Services.
• Detail oriented, ability to analyze loss information to identify root causes and develop loss sensitive recommendations.
• Provide input to underwriting to help leverage marketing opportunities (primarily related to prospective policyholders).
• Able to build credibility with internal and external customers.
• Creates customer satisfaction by demonstrating the value of risk control services.
• Apply or locate appropriate resources.
• Able to work autonomously with little direct supervision; continually assess workload in light of business priorities; direct own efforts accordingly.
• Understands self-limitations and knows when it is appropriate to escalate an issue to management, or to collaborate with others on technical questions/issues, etc.
• 3+ years of general clerical/office experience
• Knowledge of Microsoft Office Applications and ability to learn new software programs
• Must be organized and detail oriented
• Ability to work with minimal supervision and meet deadlines
• Capacity to work in a fast paced environment and adapt to change