Responsible for the prompt and efficient Workers' Compensation examination, investigation and settlement or declination of insurance claims through effective research, negotiation and interaction with insureds and claimants, ensuring that company resources are utilized in a cost effective manner in the process.
Responsibilities will include:
- Review, process and conclude high exposure liability claims or those limited in exposure but occasionally complex in nature
- Oversee and direct a majority of litigated or potentially litigated claims, directing and controlling the work and expenses of investigative services or attorneys
- Assess coverage and review claims for purposes of investigations, action plans, evaluation, fraud and resolution potential
- Conduct a thorough analysis of liability and damages
- Continually assess exposure and evaluate for accurate reserves
- Prepare Large Loss Reports and maintain ongoing claim updates
- Complete quality investigations by gathering all pertinent information (recorded statements, review of police and medical reports, photographs and appraisals/estimates of damages, etc.)
- Determines if subrogation exists and takes steps necessary to initiate recovery efforts
- Maintains appropriate financial accountabilities (reserving) and controls loss adjustment expenses
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
- 2+ years experience in job-related functions
- Insurance coursework (e.g. IIA, CPCU, SCLA and AEI) is beneficial.
- Maintain valid adjusters’ license(s) in states assigned or an ability to obtain same
- Ability to manage relationships in a fast paced environment, while demonstrating persistence along with problem solving and decision making skills to work with customers through a variety of challenging situations
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office Applications and ability to learn new software programs
- Ability to multi-task and handle large volumes of work in a short period of time
- Time management skills, organizational skills and ability to prioritize issues and tasks
- NH,MA and VT expereince and license is preferred
What We Offer
AmTrust Financial Services offers a competitive compensation package and excellent career advancement opportunities. Our benefits include: Medical & Dental Plans, Life Insurance, Health Care Flexible Spending, Dependent Care, 401k Savings Plans, Paid Vacation and Holidays.