Data Analysts work intensely with the data work stream through all phases of an engagement, including conceptual design, detailed design, implementation, testing and production deployment. Responsibilities entail defining, assembling and presenting all technical data deliverables and work products. The Data Analyst must be comfortable leading internal data meetings, presenting and defending analysis findings to key stakeholders, and participating on client calls.
Additionally, the data analyst is responsible for corporate wide reporting. This includes, but is not limited to reporting of premiums and losses at various levels of detail. Position works with multiple departments throughout the company, such as finance, accounting, underwriting, and compliance, as well as with external partners, such as managing general agencies, statistical bureaus, and various state departments of insurance.
* Bachelor's degree in Finance, Mathematics, Actuarial
* 7-10 years business experience with 5 years prior analyst experience
* Thorough understanding of business processes and systems knowledge
* Proven ability to develop data models using statistical and mathematical methods
* Proven aptitude for learning and using data analysis reporting tools
* Advanced skills in Excel with knowledge of spreadsheet functionality including v-look-up, pivot tables, charts, graphing and macros
* Intermediate computer skills including MS Word, PowerPoint, and database experience including the ability to create PowerPoint graphs, tables and information reports in slide format
* Solid communication skills, both verbal and written
* Expert SQL programming skills
* Prior experience in actuarial