Program Manager; Financial Transformation Program
Sr. Software Engineer to work intensely with the data work stream through all phases of an engagement, including conceptual design, detailed design, implementation, testing and production deployment. Responsibilities entail defining, assembling and presenting all technical data deliverables and work products. He must be comfortable leading internal meetings, presenting and defending analysis findings to key stakeholders, and participating on client calls.
Sr. Software Engineer are responsible for contributing to the technical design, implementation and testing of the complete enterprise solution. They must possess skills in design and implementation, master data management, operational data store design (logical and physical models), dimensional design, implementation, stored procedures implementation, and database administration. A passion for making processes faster and more efficient through the use of the latest technology is also important.
Candidates must have a proven track record delivering results in a timely and accurate fashion. They must be proficient with standard ETL tools, modeling tools, and standard enterprise databases. They must also have IT consulting experience, be familiar with a team approach to execution, and demonstrate excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ensure that applications meet business requirements and systems goals, fulfill end-user requirements, and identify and resolve systems issues.
- Review and analyze existing applications effectiveness and efficiency, and then develop strategies for improving or leveraging these systems.
- Work effectively with business liaison to identify and analyze needs.
- Attend fact-gathering sessions (when applicable), analyze and solve problems with some assistance
- Work effectively with the project team to identify, estimate, prioritize and resolve issues
- Develops business oriented data dictionaries.
- Provide data input during an engagement that will impact scope and delivery
- Provide input into the technical architecture and the data warehouse technology stack, as well as establish and follow through on data modeling and ETL standards
- Work with internal teams to define an enterprise-wide data aggregation approach that encompasses multiple systems and various data integration points
- Profiles the data to measure quality and integrity of the data collected
- Develop systems specifications based on business rules, specifications and process flows
- Develop data flow, application and ER diagrams and technical specifications
- Implement tools, scripts, queries or applications for accessing and analyzing data and associated metadata.
- Candidates must have 10+ years of experience across multiple database platforms, ETL development as well as the following:
- College degree in computer science/computer information systems or equivalent business experience.
- 10+ years of related experience in software development including a broad technical background with extensive integration experience
- Proven analytical, evaluative and problem solving abilities.
- 5+ year experience in building applications using SSAS, SSRS and .net technologies.
- 5+ year experience in building ETL process using SSIS.
- 2+ year experience in building ad-hock reporting environment using report model, share point.
- Willing to be hands-on, with an updated skills toolset to work on data projects (SQL, stored procedures, BI report development)
- Ability to scope data work and deliver input into strategies and roadmaps
- Experience creating presentations and technical design documents
- Ability to work hands-on and be willing to deliver working database (SQL, TSQL, PL/SQL).
- Experience with at least one BI tool OR one ETL tool including, preferred Microsoft BI stack
- Experience with dimensional and 3NF modeling
- Experience with OLTP and OLAP
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
What We Offer
AmTrust Financial Services offers a competitive compensation package and excellent career advancement opportunities. Our benefits include: Medical & Dental Plans, Life Insurance, Health Care Flexible Spending, Dependent Care, 401k Savings Plans, Paid Vacation and Holidays.